Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2012 Election

     Friends, this election has been the most stressful experience in my life.  Those who are following me on Twitter know the anxiety I felt when my horse tore his eyelid on Tuesday, October 30th, or at least a taste of my anxiety.  This election is about that, times about (at least) fifteen.

      I need my mother to hold my hand, I feel like I'm about to cry, and my stomach is turning in knots.  Because I know how it will end, despite Republican confidence on the news.

     It will go to Barack Obama.

     This morning, my precious LCHA family held a Bible study.  We prayed that God's will be done, for His will is greater than ours, and holy, and He is infallible, and His good will for His children is unmatched.  We also prayed that He will lift the fears from our hearts, and turn our faces toward Him that we may not put our faith in man.

     The verse that was read before us was Romans 8:28-30, which said, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed in the image of His Son, in order that he might be firstborn among many brothers.  And those He predestined He also called, and those whom He called He also justified, and those whom He justified He also glorified."

     This is very pertinent to our current situation as a country and as a world.  This helps me to understand that, though Obama is not exactly my top choice to lead my country, he was predestined by God to lead us whether we like it or not.  We need to accept that fact, and not complain about his poor leadership, because it is just a piece of God's puzzle.  I know that God has a greater plan than just that of America, and all I have now is gratefulness that America has stood strong for as long as she has.  God has indeed blessed America with longevity.  But how long can that last?  America is led by sinful men just like any empire in history, and her fall is inevitable, albeit delayed.

     But I am not going to talk about that today.  Today is Election day, and I pray for peace in all of your hearts.  I know my heart, soul, mind, and body are writhing with anxiety, and I need to be reminded of God's endless good will.  

     Keep in mind that whatever happens tonight, we are in God's hands, and this is all part of His grand plan for His world.  Our fate is assured, and nothing is a mystery to God, and He is not blindsided by anything.  Trust Him.  I'm struggling not to worry, and I know I'm not alone.

     Pray for peace, and fear not.  Better His will than ours, because our plan for the world is not perfect, but He who created the world holds it in the palm of his hand.  He knows the Earth's story, from beginning to end.  All things turn out for good, and I am assured that, regardless of the outcome of this election, God will bring His Kingdom, and we will be free.  There will be no more Hitlers, Stalins, Bin Ladens, and Obamas, because their master will be no more.

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment